Thursday, October 30, 2008

Makeovers


These days, I’ve been interested in the notion of a makeover and just how radically we can change our self-image. The shows “What Not to Wear” and “Oprah” leave me stunned when they transform the most non-descript looking people into gods and goddesses. It’s quite an emotional journey for everyone since old habits must die, yet, the exhilaration of the aftermath is just undeniable. On Oprah, a scraggly bearded man who looked like the Unibomber before, became the most gorgeous specimen of a gentleman afterward. Lately, a black-suited funeral home director changed into a Hollywood starlet with the help of a haircut, new haircolor, make-up and Donna Karan gown (pictured above). I was floored and elated. The truth is, such changes affect everyone positively and comprise some of the more uplifting moments on t.v. these days. Now, I wonder what I could do to spruce up my image. Why not go the extra nine yards just to see what would happen?

No comments: